I had so much fun with Advent of Code that I thought I would check out Genuary. My reasoning was is that The App is really a creative coding exercise, and I haven’t made screen based art in long while. I’ve spent so much time on the infrastructure partially because I’ve been avoiding sitting with the visuals.
I didn’t think that Genuary was going to get me where I need to go, so instead I’ve chosen to follow along with Daniel Shiffman’s Nature of Code 2 playlist.
- Nature of Code 2 Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRqwX-V7Uu6ZV4yEcW3uDwOgGXKUUsPOM
- NoC 1: https://natureofcode.com/
One way to do this would be the use the fabulous editors:
But instead I decided to gather it all into a unified January 2023 Repo which is published to GitHub Pages: https://carlynorama.github.io/2023January-30DaysNatureOfCode/
The next week will be about combining p5js with TypeScript because I SORELY miss Swift.
Misc Other Resources
- https://github.com/nature-of-code <- includes syllabus for course taught at NYU/ITP
- I have a script to push this site to my server now: https://github.com/carlynorama/myutils/blob/main/movers/pushLive.sh
- Some fun helper files for the p5js site https://github.com/carlynorama/2023January-30DaysNatureOfCode/tree/main/site-gen
- TODO: How to embed p5js into Hugo